I am so excited to share all about the detox with you!! I lost 10 lbs and 1.5 inches off of my waist in 10 days! WOO HOO!! And my husband lost 21 pounds and 2 inches off of his waist, too! I was hoping for some good results, but I am blown away!
I feel amazing and my energy is so high! I just completed part 1 of the New Years Eve Health and Fitness Challenge (10 Day Detox, you can read about it here), and to be honest it was not that bad. Day 1 and 2 were the hardest, especially giving up coffee, but a nice cup of hot tea ended up being just as good. Actually, now that I am in part 2 and can have coffee again, I haven’t! That is a huge shock to me, because I LOVE coffee. Actually, I find that the tea in the morning gives me so much more sustained energy. Who doesn’t want that??!!
Today, I am going to recap all 10 days for you and share everything I ate for the 10 days to get these awesome results. In addition to my diet changes, I also did cardio 5 days a week for 60 minutes.
So, first I will give you all the menus and then I will include some tips from my experience with this detox. You can print all of the menus and follow them exactly or mix and match your favorites. Each day I ate between 1100-1200 calories and the menus reflect that.
Here are some tips and meal inspiration:
1. I started each day with a cup of Matcha green tea. I ordered this one from Amazon and it was amazing. Matcha green tea has so many health benefits, but mainly it helps to burn fat and fight cancer! I mean who doesn’t want that??!!?? (For more info on Matcha, Dr. Axe has a great article on it).
2. I had one apple every day. Apples have tons of fiber and are filling, especially when paired with a protein like walnuts or peanut butter (but no peanut butter on this detox!).
3. Avocados are a great snack or lunch option. They are loaded with healthy “fat burning” fat (the good kind!!!) and taste delicious. I like my avocado pretty simple, diced with some cherry tomatoes cut in half, a little drizzle of red wine vinegar and topped with salt and pepper. So Yummy!
4. I drink tea all day long. I have at least 5-6 cups of hot tea daily. Tea is such a “clean burning” energy. It will not give you the jitters or the highs and lows like coffee. You will have constant energy throughout your day. Also, I love smoothies, but since it is so cold here, I would make a hot tea and a smoothie at the same time. As soon as I was done with my smoothie, I had a hot tea ready to warm me right up. Here are some of my favorite flavors!5. I also drink coconut water almost every day. Coconut water has so many wonderful benefits (you can read about 10 of them here). My favorite two benefits are promoting weight loss and treating headaches. I buy these organic ones in bulk from Costco!
6. Another drink I have daily is a probiotic. I love the brand Kevita, and all of their flavors are amazing. They have Kombucha or Sparkling Probiotic to choose from. Kombucha is such a great addition to your daily diet, because it detoxifies the body, assists in weight loss, and increases energy. For more health benefits, check out this article by Dr. Axe.
7. Vegetables don’t have to be boring! I love the color and variety that they bring to my plate. In one of my favorite lunches, I have sliced yellow bell pepper, cucumbers and carrots. I make a yummy avocado dip by taking half of an avocado and mashing it with my fork. I drizzle 1/2 tsp olive oil and red wine vinegar with a little salt and pepper and stir it up. It is so healthy, filling and delicious packed with nutrients and healthy fat. It is a plate full of vibrant and beautiful food.
The reason I think the 10 Day Detox works so well is because you are training your tastebuds and your brain to want different food. You are also, limiting your calories while increasing your cardio to burn extra fat. I am not a dietician, just a lady who put on some pounds over the holidays and wanted them off fast! This worked for me and my husband and I hope it works for you, too. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below and I will answer them daily. Good Luck! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!