Frozen Mocha Pie
If you like coffee and chocolate than this Frozen Mocha Pie is going to be your new favorite treat! This no fuss dessert is quick and easy to make and leaves plenty to keep on hand for those nights you need a nice dessert or a sweet treat! Scroll down for a video to see how this rich and creamy dessert is made! I hope you enjoy it as much as our family!
Fred’s Aunt Bonnie made this Frozen Mocha Pie for him back in 1984, when Fred went to visit them during his summer vacation. His Uncle Demery had a long-time career with the FBI and was based in D.C. (you can read more about Uncle Demery and Aunt Bonnie here). Now, both Aunt Bonnie and Fred’s mama makes it for us all of the time when we visit.
This is Fred’s all time favorite dessert and has quickly become Knox’s, too! If you are adverse to caffeine, or don’t want your children to have it, you can always substitute it with decaf coffee.
The funniest part of this recipe is that I had no idea that whipping cream was meant to be “whipped!” I thought it meant it was already whipped, until my sweet mother-in-law clued me in! We had a good laugh about how back in the day that’s how they made “whipped” cream! Needless to say, make sure you blend aka “whip” your whipping cream for any dish that calls for whipping cream, and always fold it in rather than pouring it in all at once!
I know you will love this mocha pie as much as our family and hope it becomes a dessert that is enjoyed throughout the year! Let me know how you like it and share your pictures on social media by tagging us and using the hashtag #crockpotempire. We love seeing your creations!!! Hope you are having an awesome week, friends! It’s one day away from Friday and the weekend is right around the corner…are you going to be making mocha pie to celebrate?!?!
- 2 Keebler chocolate pie crusts (these can be hard to find, but Super Target and Wal-Mart always seem to have them)
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 2/3 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon instant coffee depending upon how strong you want it
- 1 tablespoon hot water, for dissolving coffee
- 1 cup or 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, beat softned cream cheese at room temperature with mixer until fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and chocolate syrup and mix well.
- In a small bowl or cup dissolve coffee in 1 Tablespoon of hot water.
- Add coffee to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- In a seperate medium size mixing bowl, whip whipping cream for a few minutes until bubbly.
- Fold the whipping cream in a little bit at a time, stirring as you go (don't dump it in all at once!).
- Pour mixture into both pie shells dividing accordingly.
- Cover with plastic lid and freeze six hours or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce and garnish with coffee beans if desired.
- Tip: we buy the Folgers individual packets for convenience, which equates to 2 packets (approximately 1 Tablespoon)