Crockpot Taco Chili
I love a good traditional chili recipe, and I love Mexican food more, so combining the two seems obvious! Combining some Tex Mex ingredients into the typical chili recipe created a Crockpot Taco Chili that is bursting with flavor!
There are so many ways to make chili and I have been on a mission to create one of each! Here’s a run down of my chili experimenting so far: My favorite is my dad’s traditional chili recipe that he has worked so hard to perfect (you can find the recipe here). Last winter Kate created Chili Verde, which is an awesome change of pace and a healthy everyday meal using green salsa verde. Then there’s the Crockpot White Chicken Chili that is a game changer! It is so delicious with its creamy and smoky flavor. Now, insert the Taco Chili and my Skinny Chili below, and I think we are just about covered in the chili recipe department!
So, with all that chili, it’s pretty obvious that chili is my absolutely favorite crockpot meal to eat. I don’t just eat it in winter months, but year round! There’s so much variation, and it’s such an easy lunch or dinner that is healthy and packed with protein. Check out my Skinny Crockpot Chili recipe here that I love. I cook it for weekly meal prep to stay on track during the week with healthy eating. It’s the perfect mix of protein and carbs, and you can even freeze it to eat later if you make an extra batch.
If you are anything like me and crave Mexican food on the regular, try this Crockpot Taco Chili to curve your Mexican cravings in a healthier way! It’s so good and the perfect recipe to make for a big crowd. Serve it at a tailgate as it is sure to be a great crowd pleaser!
Have a chili recipe that’s your favorite? We would love to try it! Submit any favorite recipes and possibly be featured on Crockpot Empire! Send recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org. I love swapping recipes with friends!
- 1 - 1 1/2lb ground beef or turkey, cooked
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can Mexican Style Rotel (10 oz.)
- 1 can Original Rotel, mild (10 oz.)
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained (15 oz.)
- 2 cans fiesta corn, drained (15 oz.)
- 1 can black beans, undrained (15 oz.)
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
- 1 packet Buttermilk Ranch Dry Salad Dressing Packet
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook ground beef in skillet over medium heat.
- Add taco seasoning packet once browned and mix well.
- Drain excess oil from ground beef.
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.