These homestyle mashed potatoes cooked in the Crock Express on Pressure Cooker mode are so easy and best of all there is no boiling or draining required!
One of my favorite sides of all time are mashed potatoes. The potatoes are such a great side dish and go great with turkey for the holidays or pair well with my Mississippi Roast, BBQ Cheeseburger Meatloaf or Traditional Pot Roast for a family meal.
In this recipe I am using red potatoes, but I also love a buttery Yukon Gold. They both make very creamy mashed potatoes, but be sure to not over whip them! Whipping your potatoes for too long can create a gummy texture. We want to keep them nice and fluffy!
It’s not necessary to peel your potatoes, but to have creamy mashers it’s a must. If you are in a hurry or feeling a little lazy don’t worry. Quarter them and throw them into the pot and they will still be delicious!
There are so many different ways to make mashed potatoes, but this simple and basic recipe is my favorite. Go ahead and put some garlic in or make them loaded by adding cheese, bacon, sour cream and even some chili to make it a meal!
Comment below and let me know what’s your favorite way to enjoy mashed potatoes?
- 1 (5 lb.) bag of Red or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 stick butter
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes in crockpot.
- Add chicken broth and salt. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or low 3-4.
- Add all ingredients and mash or blend until smooth. Do not over whip.
- Add all ingredients to pot. Cover with enough water to cover all of the potatoes. Place lid on lock and valve to no venting. Press steam and set to 15 minutes. Do an immediate release and mash or blend until smooth. Do not over whip!