My husband Fred loves his BBQ and we love to cook it on the grill. However, there are days when you just can’t be outside grilling or you are short for time. That’s when Crockpot Easy BBQ Chicken is a lifesaver!
This recipe is incredibly simple with minimal ingredients and is also great for meal prep, because you can make a ton for leftovers! All you do is throw a few ingredients into a crockpot, put the lid on and shred the chicken once it’s done! Just add the chicken, an onion or onion powder, some garlic and your favorite BBQ sauce and let it that crockpot do it’s thing. It’s such a glorious invention..oh, how I love you Mr. Crockpot! Crockpot BBQ Chicken is so delicious, so healthy and a dish we cook quite often. We love Williamson Brothers BBQ sauce, but if you are looking for a healthier option, Annie’s Organic Smokey Maple BBQ Sauce is really good! We love to eat this BBQ Chicken on buns with coleslaw, as protein on salads or just plain! I like to keep some in a Tupperware container in the fridge for snacking during the week and also sometimes for meal prep. However you decide to eat it, it’s a great alternative to restaurant style BBQ. Also check out my Crockpot and Pressure Cooker BBQ Ribs recipe that are fall off the bone and so delicious!
If your family loves BBQ as much as we do, than give these easy recipes a try and let us know what your favorite BBQ sauce is!
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 onion, chopped or 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 12oz bottle (or your favorite bbq sauce)
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot
- Season chicken with salt, garlic and onion.
- Pour half of the bottle of BBQ sauce over chicken.
- Cover with lid and set to high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8.
- Remove lid and pull/shred chicken with two forks.
- Pour remaining (or amount desired) bbq sauce on shredded chicken and stir.
- Serve on buns or in lettuce wraps for a low carb option.