Crockpot Creamy Italian Pork Chops
My crockpot and my kitchen have been on a bit of a hiatus lately. I’ve been trying to figure out what I was doing with this blog and what content you all liked seeing the most. I took a much needed break from posting as much crockpot content to see how I felt and where God was leading me. Truth be told, when I made these Crockpot Creamy Italian Pork Chops, I realized how much I missed being in the kitchen re-creating recipes to make them my own.
These crockpot creamy Italian pork chops are so tender and you don’t even need a knife to cut them. They are so rich and creamy. The sauce is thick and cheesy and unlike any other I have tasted. It is so very filling and you don’t need much to accompany the pork. I added in fresh mushrooms and loved how they accompanied the golden mushroom soup adding in texture and even more mushroom flavor. If you don’t like mushrooms, don’t worry. You will not taste them in this dish if you don’t use them, because the cream cheese overpowers the mushroom flavor in the soup. I also want to touch on the small amount of wine this recipe calls for. A lot of people don’t know that wine is a great marinade and the acid helps tenderize the outside of meat. Using the wine helps add moisture and more flavor. If you don’t have any on hand or are adverse to wine in your dish, feel free to leave it out. It will not keep this dish from turning out just as good.
As always, Fred rated this dish and gave it a whopping 9 on the crockpot scale. We thought about what we could do to get it to a 10, but I just think this is what it is. Sometimes, you just have to be happy with a less than perfect score, when it’s still an A! 🙂
- 6-12 thin sliced pork chops
- 1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (.7 oz)
- 1 can condensed golden mushroom soup (10.75 oz)
- 1 container chive and onion cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 sliced onion, optional
- 1 container fresh mushrooms or one can (4 oz), optional
- Add pork chops to crockpot and sprinkle each evenly with Italian salad dressing mix.
- Pour wine over seasoned pork chops.
- Mix soup and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Microwave approximately one to two minutes until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir soup and cream cheese mixture until smooth and add to crockpot.
- Add in chopped onion and mushrooms if desired.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-6 hours.