When the temps go down, I always immediately long for soup! Fred isn’t much of a soup connoisseur, but I love it, and nothing is easier than making soup in your crockpot. I was totally craving Mexican and decided to create my own Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup. I scoured the internet and Pinterest like I always do and created this recipe that’s just so delicious. It’s spicy, but not too spicy (exactly right!) with a rich cream base, which leaves you feeling all warm inside!
This could easily be made leaving out the chicken or even adding additional vegetables like black and green beans to make it vegan. I am definitely going to try that next time…and trust me there will be a next time! This is SOOOOO good that I could literally eat it day, after day, after day and not get sick of it! It’s that yummy! Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in crockpot and add in all ingredients. Put the lid on and cook on low 8-10 hours or low 3-4 hours. Stir before serving. Makes enough soup for at least 6-8 servings. The cream cheese adds rich thick flavor to the soup and coupled with the chicken and corn makes it a filling dish. I would love to know if you love this creation as much as I do! Let me know by tagging me on social media and on Instagram using the hashtags #crockpotempire or #feedyourempire
I hope you’re having a wonderful week and staying warm! Make a crockpot full of this soup and it will definitely keep you toasty with it’s spicy kick! Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- The juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Add in all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese.
- Place lid on top and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Place cubes of cream cheese in the crockpot the last 10-20 minutes of cook time stirring occasionally until melted and creamy. Adding the cream cheese at the end keeps it from curdling.
- For serving: sliced avocado, non-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded cheese.