It’s always so nice to wake up with breakfast ready to be served and this Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is absolutely perfect for planning ahead. Put all your ingredients in the night before or the morning of, and few hours later you have a grand breakfast to serve.
This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is even better as leftovers in my opinion. There are so many ways to make it, but this one has become my favorite. Mainly, because I added in RO*TEL which adds a whole new flavor profile, and also used Egg Beaters that made me not have to crack all the eggs and lowered the caloric intake without having to use my egg white seperator!
I am a girl who puts hot sauce on her eggs, so I chose to use the new Chipotle RO*TEL for this recipe and it certainly gave it an extra kick. If you aren’t a fan of spicy, I suggest using Mild or even Original RO*TEL.
This recipe is so simple. All you have to do is layer all of your ingredients, set it on low for four hours or high for two hours and breakfast is served. Or, if you like to enjoy breakfast for dinner, this is very filling and incredibly satisfying. Serve it alongside some fruit or splurge with some buttered toast and you will have some happy customers!!!
Also, if you are looking for a more healthy version, substitute the sausage with turkey sausage and low fat cheese. You can also add in more veggies like red and green bell peppers, onion or asparagus and make it Keto and Paleo friendly if you don’t add in the hash browns!
Be sure to check out our other breakfast casserole using biscuits by clicking here!
- 1 (30 oz) bag frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked and drained (hot, mild or sage)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 oz) carton Egg Beaters Original or six eggs
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Spray crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat, stirring and breaking up sausage until no longer pink. Drain well.
- While sausage is cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, dry mustard and garlic powder.
- Begin layering first with thawed hash browns on bottom of crockpot.
- Season with half the salt and pepper.
- Add half the cooked sausage crumbles.
- Add whole can of diced tomatoes.
- Add half package (one cup) cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining hash browns (season with remaining salt and pepper) and sausage.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Add remaining one cup cheese.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 2-4 hours.
- If you would prefer to cook this in the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 30-45 minutes or until knife poked in center comes out clean.