Spring has sprung! Fred and I are already out on the back deck grilling out and obsessing over this gorgeous weather! From burgers to steak and shrimp, grilling brings such a robust flavor to meats, seafood and vegetables. I am always looking for new flavorful marinades to add in to the grilling rotation, and when I came across what was deemed on All Recipes as ‘The Best Steak Marinade in Existence’ of course, I had to try it!
I am always so leery of recipes claiming to be the world’s best, because one person’s palate is different from the next. Plus, who gives anyone the right to deem that particular recipe as such?! I’ve always pondered this when scouring through Pinterest and the internet for recipes. You feel me?!?! However, with over 5,000 people that have tried this marinade, 2,320 reviews and 4.5 stars it definitely is a crowd pleaser, and might just be the best in existence. I haven’t tried every marinade out there yet, so I can’t confirm or deny this to be true. It seems that others are doing it for me though!I can promise I will always tell you how much I love a recipe or how great something I have created or tried is, but I will never say it is “the best,” because there’s always room for improvement in all that we do! And that includes cooking! So, am I going to support this statement and say this is the best steak marinade in the world? NO. Is it great, ABSOLUTELY. Fred and I, found this to be a very unique blend of seasonings and liquids to create a flavor that neither of us had ever tried before. And we both agreed, that it is definitely a keeper worthy of a blog post!
I wanted to take this marinade one step further and not just marinade steaks to grill, but to also cook meat in the crockpot! And boy, was this a HUGE hit! See my blog post here on how to cook a steak in the crockpot. This marinade is so simple. Just gather the ingredients, toss them into a blender, and mix together. Then tenderize your steaks and pour marinade over desired meat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. When ready to cook, throw them on the grill for a tender, juicy and full-flavored steak! Do you have a favorite steak marinade that you love using? If so, please leave a comment below, because Fred and I would love to try it!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
- Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.