I already have the itch for summer, (actually it never left!) LOL! Growing up in Florida, there were only a few months of the year that were “cold” like, you know, in the 60’s!!! HAHA!
Now that I live in GA, I get it. It gets super cold here, for like months on end. We are talking 20’s and 30’s and it took me some time to adapt. I have learned to tolerate it, and even like it at times, but that Florida girl in me still can NOT wait for the weather to get warm again! I want the sunshine. I want to be hot. I want to be out by the pool, at the playground, swimming in the ocean, and riding bikes. So, in the meantime, I go to the gym to work on my 6 pack abs! ; )
Recently, I started doing these 6 moves to target my abs and let me tell you THEY WORK! I have been SO sore the next day after doing them, that I can only do them two times a week. I am working my way up to three times a week, slowly but surely!
Here they are: 6 Awesome Moves for 6 Pack ABs!
- Hand Roll Outs
- With your knees on a mat, grip the handles of your ab roller. (I like this Ab Dolly and mat and this is also a good one). Start in a tall kneeling position, and roll the wheel out straight in front of you. (Now, the “work” part!) Next, without moving your lower body, bring the wheel back in, using only your ab muscles, until you have reached your starting position. Start with 10 and work your way to 15.
- Side to Side Hand Roll Outs
- Start in the same position as above. This time instead of rolling straight out, you are going to roll to the right while not moving your lower body. This will target your obliques (the “love handle” muscles). Do 10 to the right and then 10 to the left.
- Feet Roll Outs
- This time, place your feet on the roller and your hands on the mat. Start in an “all 4” position. Hands on the ground, knees on the ground, flat back, and feet on the roller. Lift your body and straighten out your legs. Next, drive your knees toward your chest, and then straighten them back out to your starting position. Start with 10 and work your way to 15.
- Leg Lifts
- Lying on your back, bring your legs straight up, in line with your hips. I like to put my hands under my lower back to support my back and tail bone. Now, lower your legs as slowly as you can, (keeping them as straight as possible) until your feet are about 2-4 inches off the ground. Hold for 3 seconds and slowly bring your legs to the starting position. Do 10 and work your way to 15.
- Up Down Plank
- Start in a plank position with your hands pushing away the floor. Your body should be nice and tight. Picture one line from head to feet. Try not to let your belly and lower back sag down or lift up. Now, lower down to your forearms and hold for 5 seconds. Then, lift back up to your starting plank position with your hands and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Knee to Elbow Plank
- Start in the plank position again. This time, bring your left knee up to touch your left elbow. Then return your foot back. Switch and bring your right foot up to your right elbow, then return to starting plank position. Repeat 20 times (10 on each side).
Try these 6 moves. Start out doing 2 rounds of 10, 2 times a week. Work your way up to 3 rounds of 10, 2 times a week. Then 3 rounds of 15, 2 times a week (this is where I am at now). Finally, move to 3 rounds of 15 , 3 times a week.
You can do this and your core will thank you! You will get stronger if you stick with it. If you want a really lean look, follow our 30 day challenge and incorporate this ab routine! Hope you’re having a wonderful week!